Sunday, January 1, 2017

Last of 2016







































































Here are pictures I have taken but not posted since June.  I felt I could not start 2017 until I finished 2016.  As I reflect back over the past year I feel many emotions.  I have (as many of you have) experienced pain, loss, fear, anxiety, doubt, confusion, hurt, tears, love, laughter, joy, peace, assurance, and hope.  I so wish I could say that The Light of Jesus was always evident shining through me during this time.  What I can say is Jesus never left me and was always lighting the way for me.  Ps 119:105 "Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."  He said "...Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you".
 
2 Corinthians 4: 6 - 18:
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”[a] made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.  But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side,but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
I must keep my eyes and focus on Jesus so I can experience Him in everything, whether it's in the good or hard things in life.  I am so grateful for all the beautiful ways I have experienced Him working in every detail of my life.  And as you can see He still displays His Glory all around me!  Thank you for "Welcoming me into Your Presence and letting Your Glory shine around"


No comments:

Post a Comment