Sunday, November 12, 2017

Thankful for Who Jesus IS




















                                     













































Yep, I'm still here and taking pictures...I just haven't taken the time to post them.  As I weeded through these pictures, memories of what I was doing and feeling at the time came flooding back.  As usual, experiencing Jesus in nature is one of the ways He shows His Glory to me, gives me Joy, and causes me to feel close to Him!

With Thanksgiving around the corner I can't think of a better time to share all I am thankful for.  I am grateful Jesus continues to show me who He is even in the midst of all the "stuff" of life. I have truly been listening for Him to speak to me because I know...that is the only way I can know Him or have a relationship with Him.  How can I have a relationship with someone I don't talk and listen to?  As I've listened I've heard Jesus relate to me about His character and how that character works to transform me.  He says:

I'm a Giver - I give you a crown of beauty instead of ashes, oil of joy instead of grief, a garment of praise instead of despair (Isa 61:3)
I'm your Counselor - Take every thought captive so I know what Jesus says about it. (2 Co 10:5)
I am Powerful and Mighty - (Zec 4:6)
Refresh and Satisfy you - (Jer 31:25)
I am Unchanging - (Ps 102:27)
I am Peace - (Php 4:4-9)
I'm Light - (Ps 89:15; 1 John 1:5)
I'm Relational - (Heb 4:16)
I'm your Alter of sacrifice - (Ps 27: 5-6; Heb 13:15)
I Invite you - (Mt 11:28-30 come, take)
I Transform - (1 Peter 5:7)
I Reveal Truth - (Ps 139: 23, 24)
I'm your Guide - Ps 73:24)
I Declare My Glory - (Ps 19:1; Isa 44:23; Heb 1:3)
I'm your Vision - (Mt 13:15,16)
I am Grace - (Eph 2:7)
I am Life - both now and forever (John 1:4;  8:12)

These Characteristics are only "the tip of the iceberg"!  Jesus is all of this and so much more!  I challenge you to listen to Jesus yourself and find out Who He really Is! When Jesus gives Himself to me all of these characteristics are then mine because they are Who He IS!!  Relationships are give and take.  Therefore, I need to seek, look, consider, pant for, listen, praise, meditate on, delight in, call on, long for, hold fast to, trust in, obey, walk, remember, practice, learn, put hope in, wait, ponder, follow, love, cry out, sing, ask, fix eyes on, knock, abide in, submit, come, take, believe, guard my heart, acknowledge, cry out, pursue, give thanks, rejoice in, take refuge in, be alert, test everything, hold onto good, and on and on.....!  Does this sound impossible?  It's not!  Remember we can only love Him because He first loved us (1 John 4:19).  Jesus makes all this possible by giving us the grace to do it. Grace is - God's empowering presence enabling me to be what God created me to be and do what He is calling me to do.  All I need is a heart that desires Him. Take the first step and then the next...!  Discover Who Jesus IS to you!  I know I am really looking forward to what Jesus will reveal to me next - not just a head knowledge but a heart knowledge that says "I get it"!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment